Sunday, May 31, 2009

Somthing New

If you don't really like long blog posts, then this one is probably for you. Having talked with several people over the past weeks, I decided to open a Yahoo discussion group. There have been studies take place in a home or at the building on any number of nights and I often (others too) think how nice it would be to actually attend and stretch my own Christian maturity.

In this group, members will be able to have each posting delivered right to their email box or choose to read from the website address. With the groups I have participated in over the past years, I set my preference to email since it is easy enough to highlight everything and dump if I am too busy to participate.

While I believe it will be possible for anyone to read the posts, only members of the group will be able to post since the group is set up to approve membership. I set this group up primarily for those I am in contact with (my home congregation) on a weekly basis but I don't want anyone who enjoys discussing topics relative to our walk with Christ to feel like they are not invited and so all readers of this blog will be the first ones invited, regardless of your worship location or current name on your building (if you have one).

If the group becomes something helpful in your daily walk, I also hope you will invite those each of you know to join with us for discussion. If you do invite someone, I would appreciate knowing you invited them so I can approve their membership.

My immediate concept is to take things we might choose to read or study and discuss them through. Example: Many of us read the book "The Shack" and might have comments about those things written about in the book and I have been desiring for some time to go through Edward Fudge's book "The Fire That Consumes" and discuss the conclusions he has drawn on the final disposition of the wicked.

Regardless of the topic, I hope you will bring things to the site, offering you a chance to participate in a discussion/study and not be restricted to a specific time or location.

I hope to see many of you in the group but if it is not your cup of tea, it is easier to delete the group than create the group and the creation was pretty easy.

Address for this group:

Group home page: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DailyGrowingInFaith
Group email address: DailyGrowingInFaith@yahoogroups.com

2 comments:

  1. My family is really struggling with Satan's attacks. Even if you don't know me, please pray for me and my family. We also desperately need a family law attorney urgently!!! and we don't have money to hire one. If there is anyone in the church family that can help or knows someone, we sure need it. Sorry, Michael...I'm not leaving any avenue unturned. Please pray if nothing else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy,
    My prayers are definitely with you and the family and you never know where the help you need might come from. If posting here helps then value beyond imagination has been available.

    ReplyDelete